Reason Combinators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I made a LED display... but ended up with a new instrument!

Go down

I made a LED display... but ended up with a new instrument! Empty I made a LED display... but ended up with a new instrument!

Post by Admin 29/9/2021, 00:19

I made another trick in Reason 12 new Combinator, this time a single digit alphanumeric LED display! But in the process I came up with a new complete instrument,  three language vocoder style!

Check out the new video:
I made a LED display... but ended up with a new instrument! LED-DISPLAY-Thumb-copy

Again, I had to resort to loopMidi in order to achieve the digital display effect with 25 mapped green led buttons plus the momentary buttons and animations. I also used Quadelectra's System 9 and Trigater rack extensions, among others, to store in its patterns each of the digits bits and to be able to trigger them on demand. I also used Pulsars for the looping functions and sampled the voices from text-to-speech online resources.

I'm sincerely hoping that we will have this and many other possibilities available soon in the forthcoming upgrades to the new Combinator without having to resort to loopMidi and difficult/complex CV routing solutions.

As soon as possible I'll leave here the links to the files and necessary REs list for anyone who's willing to venture experimenting with this.

[Edit]
List of necessary/essential REs:
Reason's Master Bus Compressor
Reason's microMix (6 ch line mixer)
Reason's NN-XT
Reason's Malstrom
Reason's BV512 Vocoder
Reason's The Echo
Reason's MIDI OUT Device
Reason's Pulsar
Aftermath Audio's CV8X4 CV Generator
SPEO Frame CV Generator
Quadelectra's System 9
Quadelectra's Trigater
blamsoft's Polymodular System CV Merger
Lectric Panda's Janitor CV Shaper
Robotic Bean's Sequences

Non essential/accessory:
Reason's beatmap player
Reason's PolyStep Sequencer player
Reason's Scales & Chords player
Reason Studios Umpf Club Drums
Reason Studios Monotone Bass Synthesizer
Reason Studios Algorythm FM Synthesizer
Static Cling's Autolatch
Rainwaves's Ivy Note CV Harmonizer
Pink Noise Studio's Maia v2

ATTENTION: loopMIDI is a windows app so this will work well in Windows 10. For Mac users, I don't have experience but here are the common instructions on how to make a MIDI loop:

"Setting up Midi ports (loopback) of a Mac.

The IAC bus allows you to create any number of virtual MIDI buses. This driver is built-in to OS X (since OS X 10.4) and can be activated in the Audio/MIDI Setup Utility.

To begin, launch Audio/MIDI Setup and select "Show MIDI Window" from the "Window" menu.

Now double-click the IAC Driver icon and check the option "Device is online" in order to activate it.

Add the ports you need from within this window."
[/Edit]

[Edit]
To the ones who might want to try it, here's the link to a zip file containing the 2 CMBs files and a Reason 12 file that have their buttons mapped out to loopMidi which hopefully makes it easier to run it (I recommend opening only the Reason 12 file and begin from there)

DIGIVOX.zip

Any questions or suggestions please feel free to ask!
[/Edit]

Admin
Admin

https://combinator.forumeiros.com

Back to top Go down